My Brave is showing the wrong time

My Brave is showing the wrong time.

It’s way off by six hours. I’ve been having this problem for some days now. My computer is at the right time/time zone. Microsoft Edge is ok, but Brave and Google Chrome are having this trouble. I already tried turning all the settings back, installing and reinstalling but nothing seems to work. Can someone help me please?
The issue is visible in the new tab an in email/webwhatsapp time stamps.
" O Brave está atualizado - is up to date
Versão 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Versão oficial) 64 bits
](https://brave.com/latest/)"

PS.: sorry about prepositions or something… English is not my first language.

1 Like

@marianabrito has this always been a problem? (ex: are you an existing Brave user and this used to work?)

Wondering if this is a long-standing issue (ex: as seen in #7951) or if this is a new bug because of Chromium 88 which was included in our 1.19 version update

Whatever the case, we have a bug captured for this:

Please let us know :slight_smile:

Thanks
Brian

1 Like

I think it is a new bug as I also have that problem too.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming @DllmFkUrMa

What time zone are you in? Also curious what time zone you’re in @marianabrito?

Quick update - this may be an upstream (Chromium) bug. Will be keeping an eye on https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1168528

It’s a recently problem. I have just reinstalled my system and thats when this bug started. I was already an user and this never happend. I though that was something with my time zone settings but all seems correct.
I read some older post and I think this is a new one. The others were wrong by one hour or 12.

Thanks for the help.

Hi. I’m in Brazil so -3:00 Brasília/Buenos Aires time.

I am in Hong Kong (GMT+8). The time zone showed in brave is Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8)

2 Likes

How many bat are you earning per ads?

Hi, I have the same problem. It started yesterday, January 20.
I´m in Uruguay (region), GMT -3 Montevideo time zone, and the browser shows GMT -9.

I have Windows 10 Home, OS Build 19041.746. Selected Set time automatically, not selected Set time zone automatically, and do not have set DST.

My Brave version is
Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Just to let you know.
Thanks.

Hi. I’m also having the same issue. I’m not sure when this bug started. I think it’s a few days ago? Thank you.

Hi, I am in Japan(GMT+9) and have same problem. New mails at Gmail arrival time sync Brave topsite time.

To everyone having this problem. I changed my windows timezone to some random one and then again my actual timezone and it fixed this error. Try it.

4 Likes

THANKS! It worked out!

It worked out for me too! Thanks a lot!

I have the same problem, I use Brave for a long time my time zone is -3: 00 Brasília / Buenos Aires

Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official version) 64-bit

Thank you very much. It worked out.

Hi There

I’m experiencing the same issue.
I have a Versão 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Versão oficial) 64 bits over a Windows 7.

Suddenly Brave changed the Browser time.
It did happen to Chrome too.
Brave started to show 6 hours in advance.
When Windows shows 8:49, Brave time shows 14:49
And it affects Gmail and all applications running over the web browser.
I’ve tried to change the timezone, as Delhills suggested in post#14 and it worked well.
But, the bugs still remain there, silent, waiting …

Thanks

Thanks for the work-around, @Delhills :slight_smile: And thanks for confirming it folks

Upstream Chromium is having this problem too- more details at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1168528

I’ve shared the notes from here as folks are actively looking at / triaging the issue in Chromium

1 Like

Thank you. It works.