Dark Download Bar

Description of the issue: Last night my download bar turned dark. I can’t see the downloads in it because the lettering are also dark. I always use dark mode on Windows 10, but Brave and my other browsers aren’t dark unless I toggle their option for it in their own settings. So now I have to either set your settings to dark mode which I do not want at all, or I have to set Windows to light mode in order to read the lettering in light mode. This completely defeats the purpose of having the option in your browser. I toggled all three options in Brave’s settings but they all fail to give me light mode while Windows 10 is set to dark mode. I like your browser, but I am not going to set Windows to light mode just to be able to read my Download Bar on Brave. I am up to date Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. Just download a picture or audio and it turns black every time.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often: Reproduce every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Windows 10 64bit (up to date)

• Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Additional Information: This only just started last night

I just would like to add that, although in Settings --> Appearance --> “Brave colors” it is set to “Light”, all of the settings, downloads, … pages inside of Brave stay with “dark background” (as already can be seen in the screenshot of @Sarys above). My Brave is up to date with “Version 0.64.60 Chromium: 74.0.3729.91 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)” in Windows 10 (64 bit) with the Default App Mode set to “Dark” and me using custom colors…

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.