Customized behavior still clears every time I close and restart the Brave Browser

Dear Community,

Description of the issue:
I have the same issue as described in this already closed topic.
I followed the three steps suggested by PDC, but unfortunately it still doesn’t work for me and the customized site that can always use cookies is cleared upon quitting Brave.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.59.120

Thanks so much in advance!

I will try again, as this issue really complicates using Proton Mail or Calendar as web app for me and I am also baffled that the previously proposed solution doesn’t seem to work for me.

Description of the issue:

• I put a website (e.g. [*.]proton.me) into the “Custom Behaviors - Sites that can always use cookies” in the “Privacy & Security” section.
  • The setting in brave://settings/cookies – “Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows” is set to ON.
  • The setting in brave://settings/clearBrowserData – “On Exit” tab, “Cookies and other site data” is set to OFF.

When I close the Brave browser and then reopen it, any sites I added have been deleted.

How can this issue be reproduced?
It happens ever time for me. It is reproduced as described above.

Expected result:
I put a website in the “Custom Behaviors - Sites that can always use cookies” in “Privacy & Security” section and when I close and reopen Brave, it is still listed in that section.

Brave Version:
Version 1.59.124 Chromium: 118.0.5993.117 (Official Build) (x86_64)

While original opened for “on exit” function, I think this issue also applies in your case as well:

Let me ping some devs and see if we can get more eyes on this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.