Clear cookies on exit

Hi, this is my first time using the community so forgive me if I’m posting in the wrong place. I don’t know if this is a feature request or a bug report/an existing feature isn’t working.

I just updated to Version 0.57.18. One of the features I liked about the old version was that I had the option to remove all cookies, site data, and browsing history every time I quit the browser. This was actually really therapeutic! Like a fresh restart every time I opened the browser.

That does not seem to be an option in the updated version, unless I’m missing something. Under Content Settings it does have a check for “Keep local data only until you quit your browser” but this doesn’t seem to have any affect; I’m still logged in to all my sites after quitting and relaunching.

Hi @zoolander,
Welcome to the Community :blush:

This feature is not available yet in the new version, 0.57.x and higher. Logged issue here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/492

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! It looks like I’m not the first person to request this.

1 Like

I just updated to Version 0.57.18. One of the features I liked about the old version was that I had the option to remove all cookies, site data, and browsing history every time I quit the browser. This was actually really therapeutic! Like a fresh restart every time I opened the browser.

What about using private browsing? :roll_eyes: