Setting wiped after restart

Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Cookies and other site data -> Sites that can always use cookies

Whatever I add here is gone after I restart Brave. Is there some setting overriding this that I’m not aware of?

After trying a Brave reset and uninstalling/reinstalling, I found the culprit for anyone else stumbling across this in the future.

Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Clear browsing data -> On exit -> Site and Shields Settings
That one has to be unticked for the per-site allowed thing be be persistant.

The settings seem to be a bit of a mess. Even after I found out about the above setting to preserve the allowed list, the cookies were still deleted.

Turns out there are two settings that do more or less the same thing and clash.
Settings → Privacy and Security → Clear browsing data → On exit -> Cookies and other site data

is the same as(?):

Settings → Privacy and Security → Cookies and other site data → Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows

If the former is ticked then all cookies are deleted, even if they are added under Sites that can always use cookies.

So for my goal the former has to be unticked and the latter ticked. And for anyone wondering, my goal is to have a clean slate each time I start up my browser, apart from som login cookies here and there. I don’t want temp files and cookies accumulating and following me around over time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.