Create Shortcut under More Tools

The Create Shortcut option under More Tools, seems to create the shortcut, but opening the shortcut causes a crash. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Shortcuts created through Chrome work fine.

See screenshots:

@adhi,
The shorcuts created here are for webapps that we do not support currently. It’s likely that this option will be removed from the More tools menu all together. Apologies for any inconvenience.

That is terrible news… :frowning:
Shortcuts used to work just fine a while ago?
Really don’t want to go back to Chrome, but that’s a deal killer, because I pin those shortcuts to the Windows taskbar so I can quickly open my GMail.

UPDATE: :smiley:
I’ve got the shortcuts working again by replacing chrome_proxy.exe with brave.exe
For example, change:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\chrome_proxy.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app-id=kmhopmchchfpfdcdjodmpfaaphdclmlj
to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app-id=kmhopmchchfpfdcdjodmpfaaphdclmlj

3 Likes

Thank you very much is works for me as well!

And please don’t remove this!! >:

Thanks, worked for me too thank god. Why would you guys want to remove it? I agree that might be a dealbreaker for me and I’ve been using Brave for a long time now. Don’t see any reason to take it out

I’m in a Mac. Would you happen to know what can I change to make it work?

I believe I spoke to soon regarding this issue. I believe this issue will be addressed in the near future. You can view/track the issue here:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.