Copy all tabs on android

I have about 100 tabs open in brave on my android phone. I’d like to copy all the URLs at once, paste them to an evernote note, or some app that I can see on both my macbook and phone, and close all tabs from my phone, so I can start fresh.

Is this possible? If so, how can I do this?

upvote this: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/9443
and this: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/6378

3 Likes

i’d be happy to. i’ve logged in, how do you upvote there?

also, i found a chrome extension called ‘session buddy’. solves the issues in desktop. don’t see a mobile version. anyone know of one, or one like it? does brave or chrome have mobile extensions?

1 Like

You need to click on the little emoji/reaction button to add the thumbs up reaction.

Once you add the thumbs up reaction, other people can quickly scroll down to the bottom of the issue and click on the thumbs up reaction.

it’s no issue on desktop. there’s tons of extensions! I’ve been using Tabli and The Great Suspender. The Great Suspender is pretty neat as you can save and export entire sessions. Tabli is like a dedicated tab searcher and presents my windows and tabs neatly and vertically. Firefox has most of Tabli’s functionality. You can of course bookmark all of your tabs and do whatever with them once you export them.

Back on mobile, there’s nothing you can do without extensions. Neither Brave or Chrome have extensions. Kiwi Browser, however, supports them. Kiwi recently became open source by the way. Brave recently expressed interest in supporting extensions on Android. Unfortunately Kiwi Browser is rather slow and we don’t know if Brave will be using Kiwi’s code. Firefox for Android supports extensions and has switch to tab.

Not a single browser on Android lets you bookmark all of your tabs. Bookmarks are so flexible as you can import and export them. But guess what? You can’t import or export bookmarks either! Bromite (an open source privacy browser) and Kiwi let you import and export your bookmarks. It’s a shame that Chromium (what Chrome is based on) doesn’t let you do that.

You have so much more freedom on desktop. I see why Chrome is so valuable to Google. Their problem being that people may not want to upgrade devices because they cannot bring their tabs along with them (by bookmarking them). It’s not like Google understands that though as they ignore all feedback that comes their way. There’s also the issue of performance. Google really just doesn’t care for anyone.

I also have over a hundred tabs and I’d also like to bookmark everything (as well as import and export) and start afresh. It just seems that no one cares. The issue on Brave’s GitHub has been there for a month. I don’t think it’ll ever get implemented. By the way, Bromite immediately closed the issue requesting bookmark all tabs. That developer only said “this has nothing to do with privacy.”

1 Like

@poopooracoocoo,
I made sure to “thumbs up” as well, thank you for opening the feature request. I would recommend that the next time you do, you add some additional details/reasoning in the description section. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

all of the deets are in the additional information section. i’ll put 'em in the description section next time. :wink: there’s no template for feature requests so i didn’t know.

and also the main things I want from Brave are for the Android browser and it’s really only about desktop parity. they’ve already been discussed and implemented. except searching tabs from the tab switcher but you don’t have the nice window and tab management that you do on desktop.

good points and tips, thanks. Sometimes my tabs are based on an idea I had while walking, and I do a quick search, so I’d like to export them all, and sort through them.

I thought there was a way to have mobile tabs appear in desktop and vice versa. Coulda sworn I saw that on a browser once.

I like the idea of using another browser. Do you know if the other mobile ones have ad-blocking built in?

In the interim, I’ll be manually copying and pasting them, unless another way presents itself.

macOS/iOS devices have a feature that can Sync browser windows between devices, but in general this is not something built into the browser.

thanks, maybe that’s where I saw it. I used to have an iPhone, then it broke, so I jumped ship and now use android.

Sometimes my tabs are based on an idea I had while walking, and I do a quick search, so I’d like to export them all, and sort through them.

dude. that’s the stuff of dreams. i do the same thing.

I thought there was a way to have mobile tabs appear in desktop and vice versa. Coulda sworn I saw that on a browser once.

You can view your tabs on other devices in Chrome if you’re signed in. It’s not perfect but you can now “push” tabs. I guess Brave doesn’t have that?

I like the idea of using another browser. Do you know if the other mobile ones have ad-blocking built in?

Bromite, Kiwi and Vivaldi are some other browsers with ad-blockers built in. I think that Microsoft Edge also has an ad-blocker. Oh and by the way, you won’t find Bromite in the Play Store as Google doesn’t like its ad-blocking. Google is an advertising company after all :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think so. I haven’t seen it.

Good to know, good point :slight_smile:

got a workaround. sync phone and desktop. you should be able to see phone b’marks on desktop. may need to use //flags on desktop.

then, on phone, bookmark each page, then close them. they should all be available on both phone’s and desktop’s bookmark area, for further sorting.

not super elegant, but finding it works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.