"Continue where you left off" no longer works when Web Applications are present

Description of the issue:
I have multiple web applications created which open in a separate window using Brave. (brave://apps/) Since version 0.64.xx, when any of those web applications is open, Brave fails to re-open the last session when opening up the browser itself - it comes up with a blank new tab page instead of multiple tabs which I had opened when I last closed the browser. I have “Continue where you left off” set in the options as the startup method and it worked fine in earlier versions.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

• Install brave 0.64+
  • Create a web application shortcut and make it open in a new window
  • Change the settings to re-open closed tabs on startup and close all brave windows
  • Open your web application
  • Open your Brave browser instance

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Web application opens but all open tabs are forgotten.

Expected result:

All tabs open up which were open when the session was closed the last time.

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Arch linux 64bit + Windows10 (issue is platform agnostic)
Version 0.64.77 Chromium: 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit) (happens since version 0.64+)

Additional Information:
I think this is an upstream issue as the same issue happens with the relevant Chromium versions as well.
Last known version to work perfectly is 0.63.55.

Anything? Nothing? The browser is literally unusable in this workflow due to this.
Opened a chromium case myself as well: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=980088&can=2&q=last%20opened

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.