Close a tab group when there's only one remaining tab

Hi,

Is there a way to get the Brave browser to close a group of tabs whenever there’s one single tab open in Android? As in, leave it out of a group?

Cheers

1 Like

Can you elaborate a bit on what the exact behavior you’re expecting here is?

So I am sometimes browsing a particular website and open a few tabs in the same group. After a while, I’ll end up reading the new tabs and close them, leaving the main remaining tab open. I’d expect that group to close up and disappear, while I can keep the main tab open to continue reading in the following days. Currently what happens is that the group remain active with a single tab, making it necessary for me to click twice whenever I want to return to this tab from another one.

1 Like

@Mattches did that help?

It does, thank you for clarifying. I think that this is the expected behavior inherited from Chromium. That said, we do have other users with this same complaint:

I’ve also recently tried to resurface an old feature request that would allow users more options with respect to tab layouts in general:

If you (or anyone reading this) have a Github account, please feel free to voice your desire for such a feature in the comments of the issue so our developers can see the demand for it.

1 Like