Clear browsing data shortcut bug

Description of the issue: “Clear browsing data” shortcut (Shft+Ctrl+Del) does not bring up proper UI.

How can this issue be reproduced? Press Shft+Ctrl+Del --> which opens to top of settings page but no secondary splash UI to make selection.

Expected result: Settings page + splash UI to select categories to clear.

Brave Version: Version 1.8.36 Chromium: 81.0.4044.69 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Additional Information: The same shortcut key combo works on current stable Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 1909 latest build.

1 Like

Brave Nightly Version 1.8.42 Chromium: 81.0.4044.69 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit) still has the shortcut key bug described in OP.

Description of the issue:
Brave “Clear browsing data” settings URL and shortcut stopped working.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
Launch Brave
2. Visit brave://settings/clearBrowserData or use a shortcut CMD+SHIFT+BACKSPACE

Actual Result:
A “Clear browsing data” dialog does not appear but the settings page is open.

Expected Result
A settings window with “Clear browsing data” dialog should have appeared.

Reproduces how often:
Always

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave Nightly - v1.8.36, v1.8.40

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
No

Additional information:
I’m using macOS Mojave v 10.15.4 (19E266) and this bug started happening right after updating from 10.15.3. All of my OS X devices seem to be affected by this bug.

Also, when I navigate to “brave://settings/clearBrowserData” or use the appropriate shortcut, the “Clear browsing data” does seem to appear AFTER clicking on “Additional settings” option in the left hand side menu.

2 Likes

Hi @als, welcome to Community!

This is interesting. I can reproduce the issue on Nightly. On Release there is no issue.
Thank you for letting us know. I’ll pass it onto the team.

2 Likes

Yes, bug is in Nightly, not Release stable version.

This bug has been fixed on Nightly Version 1.8.48 Chromium: 81.0.4044.69 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Thanks! :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes