Clear browsing data "All time" infinite loop

Description of the issue:

Clearing browsing data goes into infinite loop and never ends. I refresh the settings page and go back and can see that everything has been cleared but the prompt never ended and kept looping.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Go to “Clear browsing data in settings”
  2. Go to the advanced tab and select every option in that menu
  3. Click “Clear data”

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Data is cleared but popup stays in infinite loop with the circle loading animation and never closes (signals an end).

Expected result:

Prompt closes after a bit of time and after the task is complete.

Reproduces how often:

Every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Brave: Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Clearing data on the latest version of Chrome works fine.

2 Likes

@jc713,
Thanks for reaching out. We’ve had some other users report the same behavior – some users report that this doesn’t happen if the History tab is closed before the process is started. Can you check and see if you get the same result?

Either way I’ll be forwarding this information to the team and looking into this issue further.

I just tried to reproduce the issue and I can’t–it seems for me that under no circumstance (history tab open OR closed) can I replicate the issue as I originally described. Sorry if this screws up this process–Link to my OP from a few days ago w/video: Clearing History (all time) hangs in endless loop

1 Like

@BraveNew,
Does this happen for any timeframe selected or only for “All time”?

I haven’t tried it on any settings other than All Time, but I did notice that my data did appear to be cleaned, which is weird since that is not occurring for @BraveNew.

Also, I do not have the history tab open at all. Just the settings tab where I am clearing the data.

Happened to me once aswell, Win10 64Bit, got everything cleared but stuck in the infinite loop. I managed to solve it but I don’t remember how, Im pretty sure it wasnt the close-tab method

Thanks for the information – will likely file an issue for this today. It doesn’t seem to be blocking many users from actually clearing their data so I’m not sure where it will fall priority wise. I do appreciate everyones info and patience.

Good sharing bro…:+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.