After Oct Update. Clear Browsing Data stuck on loop

Description of the issue:
After new update, Clear Browsing Data doesn’t work it keeps “rotating” but nothing happens. If i close application it successfully deletes history, some cache but fails to delete site settings.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

@CamiBe,
Thank you for reaching out.
You can check your Brave version by going to Settings --> About Brave. As for the issue itself, does this happen if you only have cache or site settings selected when clearing browsing history?

I had selected all except passwords. That’s when i noticed this issue.
I tried “clear data” individually for each options.
It doesn’t loop in caches, site settings but doesn’t clear it either.

@CamiBe thanks for the information.
What time limit did you have it set to? I’m trying to see if I’m able to reproduce the issue on my end.

Can you also tell me what type of phone/Android device you’re using at this time?

Thank you.

“All time” and Redmi Note 3.

@CamiBe,
If you change the time frame to less time (lets say Last 4 weeks for example) do you still get the same behavior? Same for less time (Last 7 days)?

Yes. It happens to every time limit. I noticed something, Cookies and Site Data keeps “calculating…”

Is there any way i can store bookmarks, passwords settings other than sync ? I am thinking about reinstalling Brave.

Bookmark and passwords can be exported easily.

1. For bookmarks Go to Settings → Bookmarks Tab → Click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner and export bookmarks.

2. For passwords Go to Settings → Scroll down to Autofill → Passwords → Click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner and export passwords.

It’s important to note that you will lose any reward points accumulated if your wallet is unverified.

We have opened an issue into this for further review — appreciate everyone’s patience here:

1 Like

I just updated to Brave version 1.44.114.

It’s just working fine now. I can clear *all data and cookies and site data issue is solved as well.

Thank you for replying and helping.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.