ChatGPT: Network Error with GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 in Brave Browser

Description of the issue:

Hello Brave Community,

I’ve been encountering a recurring issue while using GPT-3.5 and even more frequently with GPT-4. After a certain period of usage, especially when the generation process starts to slow down, I keep encountering a “Network Error” with ChatGPT. It’s worth mentioning that there are no reported disruptions on the OpenAI Status page during these occurrences. However, I’ve found a temporary solution that seems to work.

By disabling QUIC support through the brave://flags/#enable-quic URL and then restarting Brave on my Windows 10 Pro system (Windows Defender & Windows Firewall, no VPN, LAN connection), the issue appears to be resolved (a user described it here https://community.openai.com/t/chat-gpt-4-gives-network-error-after-80-of-generation/108287/36). It’s a bit puzzling to me what might be causing this problem.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue or have any insights into what could be causing this hiccup?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Ask ChatGPT to genereate 600 Words about any topic with GPT-4 or 3.5 activated

Expected result:

No network error, client-based.

Brave Version:

Version 1.57.57 Chromium: 116.0.5845.163 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.