Can't access Amazon.co.uk

I keep getting errors trying to access Amazon.co.uk

" This site can’t be reached

www.amazon.co.uk took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_TIMED_OUT"

I use a VPN, but if I use any other browser including Firefox (yuk!) it goes straight to the site with no issues, and thats’ with firefox having about TEN privacy extrensions installed from WebRTC disabled to Ublock, Decenyraleyes, PrivacyBadger and tons more!

I don’t get it. any ideas?

1 Like

Hello there @NoMoreFirefox please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

Could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if the page loads? If it does, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu --> Open Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.
Regards.

Hi Kevin, thanks and no worries at all. Brave is still LIGHT YEARS ahead of Firefox or any other browser in my view!
I don’t have any extensions installed but I think it may actually be a DNS issue with the VPN service I am using. That doesn’t explain why Firefox could access it, but maybe it was just odd timing. I will update if I see it again (I haven’t for last few hours)
thanks again

1 Like

Hi again @NoMoreFirefox please let me know if the issue persist after updating the DNS settings your VPN uses.

Be waiting for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.