Cannot verify wallet on long-used PC (but never verified Uphold). Shows "Disconnected"

Do a favor and check brave://settings/appearance

As you’ll see the arrows I drew in blue (well, hopefully you see them), but there’s a toggle where you can select to show the icon or not. It’s possible you have this turned off and it’s why you’re not seeing it there.

So this part kind of makes sense as you mentioned you never sent your ID and stuff to them. If you went to link it to Uphold, it would still need you to complete KYC/AML which means sending over all the documents they need. This isn’t because companies want it but is because governments are requiring it. So you’d have to get authorized with Uphold and make sure your profile contains your exact residential address and other personal information. You can’t link Brave and Uphold until both are done.

Correct, that’s something they added not long ago. Brave Wallet is completely different from Brave Rewards and they can’t be linked together. It’s one of the things I touch on in the FAQ I wrote a little while back, if you want to check it out at -Retired- PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

If you think you might be using Brave to buy, sell, or trade cryptocurrency in the future and you make the wallet, be sure you save your recovery phrase in very safe place. This is because Brave Wallet isn’t synced and if you lose it, you’d lose everything associated with your wallet. So it’s very important.

I’m not quite certain either. It’s also possible that it tried to send to your Uphold that was linked before, but as said above…if so, you need to submit documentation to them. I’m also not sure if you’re going to feel comfortable doing that now or where you stand.

Either way, you’ll probably want to send a DM to @Mattches and @steeven advising them of your situation. If you complete your sign-up with Uphold, you’ll want to tell the two of them you would like them to check if you’ll be receiving that BAT or if they can tell what happened to it. If you don’t want to provide documentation, advise them how you started in the past but didn’t realize it might stay connected. Could they make sure BAT didn’t go to Uphold and see if they have any way for it to arrive in your account.

When you DM them that, they’ll also need your Wallet ID you find at brave://rewards-internals. They can’t do a single thing for you without the Wallet Info (especially Wallet ID) from that. And you’ll want to share that only with them, don’t post it on the forum or anything else. I say that for security reasons.