Verify Wallet ---> Log In prompt does not respond (I have a verified uphold wallet connected to Brave)

I have an Uphold account, and I have completed their verification process. I also have connected the brave browser, when I go to the Integrations tab on my Uphold dashboard, Brave Browser is “Connected”.

When I click on Verify Wallet in my brave Rewards page, it creates the dialog box saying

" Verifying wallet allows you to manage your funds more efficiently.

You need to have minimum 25 BAT to create an Uphold account. Please try again later.
If you already have a verified Uphold account, continue to login."

When I press Log In, nothing happens. ???

Further, when I View Monthly Statement in February 2021 there were 51. BAT earned from ads and 0.00s for all the contributions. In the “rewards://brave” home page, on the right in blue above the Add Funds / Withdraw Funds pair, it reads 19.000 BAT. Even if I cannot link to uphold and send to uphold, why are they not accruing over months?

I will add, I am in New York State. But I have a verified connected Uphold wallet, I send them my photo ID which is a NY and my photo and later that week they emailed me saying verified. If this is the issue, which I could see, then it should be explained to people in some way since it is a large state with surely many users.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

I have used Brave browser for a long time and it was working well but the last few months I have not been earning and my wallet will not verify. I signed into my Uphold account and my BAT are still there but I haven’t earned any in months. When I click on the “verify wallet” button it prompts me to “log in” but the button does not do anything. I have tried everything to fix it (short of deleting and re-downloading)

This is super frustrating and I have seen other people say they have the same problem. Is there a fix coming? What can I do to get my wallet and Ads back in sync???

THanks.

Hi steeven, I dm’d the details I think, were they what you needed?

Thanks!

I am in the same boat. I, too, am in NY and on a Mac at home and at work. On one machine, the verify button does not work at all. Nothing happens when I click on it. On the other machine, the verify button responds as yours: it says you need over 25BAT, blah, blah, blah…hit login…Nothing.

I have also DM’d steeven my info and no response.

Also, if you reinstall Brave you will lose all your BAT.

1 Like

it is unfortunate, because the BAT concept is worthwhile. IMO I strongly suspect it has to do with Uphold’s NY state regulatory status and Bitlicense. If NY state users are simply locked out of accumulating BAT essentially, Brave should make a note in the browser since it is a giant state and I’m sure thousands of frustrated ppl have done this.

If a mod wants to DM me with the info I need to provide I will respond. Thank you

I am also in NY and have no login activity. Uphold does claim it’s connected. Is this simply regulatory issues in NY only?

@steeven if you would like my Wallet Id, os, version, screenshot as well let me know and I’ll be glad to DM them over.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.