Cannot turn off auto-muting tabs

Description of the issue: Every tab I open automatically mutes. After I unmute the tab by right clicking and then selecting unmute tab, if I refresh or another video on the tab loads, it will mute again. If I leave the lab, it will mute. If I unmute and enter the unmuted tab, it will mute again.

I’ve gone to brave://settings/content/sound and made sure “Sites can play sound” is selected. I’ve tried both “Disable mute function in tab speaker icons” toggled on and off.

I’ve also gone to brave://flags/#enable-tab-audio-muting and tried to disable it.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Open any tab that can play audio

Actual Result: The tab will auto-mute

Expected result: For the audio to play even in the background

Reproduces how often: Everytime I use a tab

Operating System and Brave Version: Version 1.68.134 Chromium: 127.0.6533.88 (Official Build) (x86_64)

weird, when i have to mute a site, I do right click and mute site. If mute site is enabled all the next ones will open muted no matter you unmute tab or not.

When I open a new tab and right-click, I get the following: The site is not muted, and the tab is muted by default.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.