Description of the issue:
When I open a website in a new tab, an existing tab is unmuted.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Open a tab in which sound is active (e.g. YouTube).
- Mute this tab by clicking on the mute icon on the tab
- Open a new tab
- Open a website in this new tab
- The existing tab gets unmuted
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
- A muted tab gets unmuted
- The muted tab should remain muted
Reproduces how often:
Always, both on Linux and MacOS.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Linux , Brave version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)
MacOS, Brave version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (x86_64)
This behavior has been introduced recently.