Cannot move money out of Brave Wallet

Description of the issue:

Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?

Brave Wallet

How can this issue be reproduced?

Trying to swap currency or move money out.

Brave Version (check About Brave):
[
Version 1.37.116

Additional Information:
I have 11.0713 BAT (~$8.45) and 0.001901 ETH (~$5.89) in my account. I am trying to empty the wallet completely to get it into Gemini, either by converting everything to ETH then sending over or just sending in two transactions. It keeps telling me that I have insufficient funds for gas saying it costs something like $14.25 to do it. How can I get this money out? I regret the day ever sending this money to this wallet!

1 Like

The wallet has nothing to do with the network costs. You can try setting a smaller gas fee if you want but the transaction might not be picked up by the blockchain. You could also just wait for a less busy time.

Note that the funds are not in the wallet, the funds are on the public blockchain on every node of the blockchain. You can restore your seed words to any wallet to also access those funds on those wallets too.

Thanks @brian . Can you tell me how I do this on Gemini? Many thanks.

If you want to send funds from Brave Wallet to Gemini, then you would need your Gemini address and then send to it from your Brave Wallet. You can do this in the Brave Wallet panel or in brave://wallet.
Note that gas fees for me for a transaction right now are about: 0.00204557 ETH so you may not have enough ETH to pay gas to perform a send right now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.