Cannot log into DeviantART

Since relaunching Brave, I have been unable to log back into DeviantART and my Google/YouTube accounts. At first, tried clearing all my cookies/caches, but that did not work. I even relaunched Brave a second time, yet the results were the same.

I disabled all my extensions, and tried logging in, which worked. I re-enabled my extensions and logged in for a while until the same problem persisted. ):

I tried disabling AdGuard and relaunching it, which worked for a while. Then the problem resurfaced. ):

I disabled all my extensions, even removing some, allowing me to log into DeviantART. However, once all my remaining extensions got re-enabled, I could not log back into the website. ):

So, I disabled all my extensions and re-enabled them one by one until I finally discovered that my ExpressVPN Keys extension was causing my inability to log back into DeviantART. I have no idea why this is occurring, and the only way I can reaccess DeviantART is by removing the extension since turning it off does not work.

ExpressVPN Keys never gave me problems before the recent relaunch, so I want to know why this is happening now.

If anyone has any answers as to why that’d be much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello there @Mocchan sorry to know you are unable to log in to your Google account when you enable your extensions.

Let me kindly inform you that this is a known issue currently under investigation, here are some examples of users who where experiencing the same issue:

1. Unable to login to Google
  2. Unable to sign in to your Google Account: Delete cookies

In the meantime, I kindly suggest you try uninstalling the extension again and then install it, to see if the issue no longer happen.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu icon_MM.pngMore toolsExtensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Or:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. On your extensions toolbar, right-click the extension you would like to remove
  3. Select Remove from Brave... from the context menu

Let me know if that works.
Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.