Issue with google accounts

Over the past couple of days, I’ve had issues with my google accounts (mainly that I cant log into anything google related). I’ve reset and cleared ALL of my cookies and cache, as well as browsing data and still nothing works.

Here’s a pic of what this looks like:

My shield configuration isn’t the problem either (I’ve checked that already). Some help would be extremely appreciated.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no) Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no): No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes

Brave version (check About Brave): 1.44.105

I just checked on incognito, and it works perfectly, however, nothing works on my regular tabs. Thought that might narrow it down.

Check the topic above, it could help.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve check every message on the thread, and after completing each step by step, the result si the same.

I remembered making sure it was ALL data, and I redid it just to make sure, but still no avail.

Try this then

1 Like

thanks for your continuous help. same thing, no fix. I’m starting to think its a 2fa issue, so ill start checking on that, but still no luck

This can be an indicator that an installed extension is causing a problem. Do you have any extensions installed? Try disabling them and see if that fixes the problem.

Also, just to confirm, you already cleared history/cache for all time, correct?

Please post an update. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes I did clear all my history /cache for all time.

And holy hell i cant believe it but it was the extensions. Thanks for your help.

Kinda weird since my only extensions on Brave are Honey, Google Translate, ExpressVPN, BTTV (for Twitch), and thats it. Wondering on which one specifically is causing that issue

Thanks again for all for your rapid help.

1 Like

Still wondering how to fix the issue while my extensions are enabled, but I am exuberant my browser is working again.

Figured it out. It was my Express VPN. No wonder

1 Like

So glad you found the issue. Express VPN has been know to cause issues in the past if I remember correctly. There might be some topics out there that has information on settings and such that will let you use that extension. Just do a search and see if you can pull up something. Also, it may just fix itself over time, that’s been known to happen too! :slightly_smiling_face:

You should mark your post #8 above as the solution so others will know your issue is solved. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just did. Thanks again brother!

You are welcome! and thank-you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Why did this crop up all of a sudden. I also found that disabling the Express VPN Extension fixed the issue, but I still wonder why it became a problem. Any insight would be appreciated.

@AArthriticGamer Welcome to the community. I am glad you identified the extension which was causing an issue. I do not know why extensions seem so troublesome. I do remember there have been discussions in the past, and specifically about Express VPN, but I really can’t remember what was posted. You may want to do a search and see if you can pull up previous topics that can provide insight.

I’ll do a search too and post anything I find in another topic and tag you. Don’t hold your breath, sometimes I can never locate anything I’m looking for even if I know there was something posted!

Just so you know, Brave support discourages posting in solved topics. That is why I will post any results I find in a separate topic. Support also prefers community members with issues create their own topics and follow the templates provided in the editor. Just keeps thing more organized and any details unique to one situations separate. I get it. Much easier to troubleshoot issues that way!

Again, welcome to the community. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Mattches for visibility. Google login-ExpressVPN issue x2

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.