Cannot log in/connect to my Gemini Account from Brave, but i used to be able to. What happened?

Briefly describe your issue:
Cannot log in/connect to my Gemini Account from Brave, but i used to be able to. What happened that I now cannot log into Gemini from Brave like before? I see in other posts in the community that it may not be supported but even in your “supported link” below, gemini is still checked green and is the option in my browser. It says “logged out” which I did, but now i cant log in.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)
Mac w/ ventura 13.6.9
Version 1.69.162 Chromium: 128.0.6613.120 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)
Gemini

Are you in a supported region? (see here for list of supported regions)
Yes

1 Like

@ryjobe36 Just to clarify, the green checkmarks are for Uphold, BitFlyer, and ZebPay, but not for Gemini. Gemini hasn’t been supported for over a year now.

If your current Rewards profile had been linked to Gemini and you haven’t uninstalled or reset it, you should still maintain the connection. However, if the profile or device is reset, you’ll lose the ability to reconnect.

It would also help to know what happens when you try to connect to Gemini. Are you seeing the “try again later” message, or does it say your country isn’t supported? Sharing these details can be really helpful.

oh, I saw the green check but didn’t notice it was only in the creators column… which I am not… so that would explain why it doesnt work… but its really misleading. which brings me to answer you other question, it doesn’tsay “try again” or “not supported” but in fact prompts me to log in, goes thru the Authy process and then just says “something went wrong, contact support”

@ryjobe36 yeah, under the Something went wrong part is where it says Please try again. I couldn’t remember the whole message but just recalled that one part.

If it was to Uphold or something, I’d tell you to reset your Rewards. But don’t want to do that since you’re on Gemini. Your best option will be to create a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 so someone from Brave can take a closer look. At least they will be able to identify if there are any issues with your Rewards profile.

About the only other thing I can say is if you want to try to clear all cookies from the browser and try again, just in case that’s somehow causing an issue in its attempt to reconnect.

Thanks @Saoiray … i tried to clear cookies and that didnt fix it, so ill take your advice and file a ticket at that link