Can you link Gemini on mobile for Brave Rewards?

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Operating System: Android 12
Brave Version: 1.36.122 chromium 99

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
March 14th 2022 - Today

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Just started today

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, Canada

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Im not using Uphold

Is Gemini supported on mobile for Brave rewards?

I see lots of posts about people getting rewards directed to their Gemini accounts, but when i click the rewards tab on the browser and go to verify wallet, it ONLY shows me Uphold?

2 Likes

not currently but it is being worked on for the future.

1 Like

Hopefully sooner rather than later. Just read another post about the same question that basically got the same answer that was made in September 2021

1 Like

Should be with version 1.38

2 Likes

I am on…: Version 1.38.35 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Mobile Not happening here. I Just tried to verify. Same tired old Brave BULLSHIZZ with the Device Limit. And I went thru the request another slot scam 4 times. Done with that Merry Go Round. It has Been over a year now with a dead-end Uphold Account. I will eventually Delete Uphold. And maybe Brave. But I got 2 BAT last month on Gemini. First payout since Nov, 2021. SMFH

1 Like

We’ve been telling people device limit is in the process of being removed. It should be done by the end of this month. Due to this, lower priority on device unlink requests. There’s other things that are kind of more important for time and attention.

2 Likes

Thank You, I have been waiting for over a year, I can wait another month or two I guess. There was one month I viewed over 1100 ads. On my Mobile (cell phone) no reward. LoL

Other than the device limit. Brave Rules. Uphold… not so much. But I absolutely love Gemini. :wink:

1 Like

Since there’s no “update” that will let us know when it goes in place, you may want to track at https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/18572

Though I’m sure when they do it, you’ll be seeing posts/topics on Brave Community as well.

1 Like
1 Like

I see Gemini is now avail. for Mobile as of Friday. I did not verify my phone or tablet as I need to know if Gemini only has 4 slots also.? And if so how do we know how many slots we have used/available for use.?

Only on the night version. Basically if ive been reading everything right, night is basically the test version of Brave.

However, this is still greatnews,as hopefully it means very soon it will be an available option on the standard browser also. Really hoping its soon

1 Like

Yeah, it’s frustrating. They finished it but it’s still being stuck at 1.38, whenever they decide to roll that out for everyone. Someone was asking if it could be applied sooner, but the answer was no. But as Robert mentioned, you can access it by using Brave Nightly.

Yeah, basically.

Brave Nightly is our testing and development version of Brave. The releases are updated every night and may contain bugs that can result in data loss. Nightly automatically sends us crash reports when things go wrong, allowing us to catch bugs and performance issues early, long before they get pushed into Release channel. Not recommended as a daily driver.

You can see all of the versions at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017916752-What-is-the-difference-between-Nightly-Dev-Beta-and-Release-builds-

Curiosity, how has the Gemini link on mobile via the Brave Nightly been performing? And based on current status, is there any rough/approximate time frame we can hope for in regards to it being available?

I understand if its still to early to know, just wondering and excited to actually utilize the Brave Rewards aspect.

And in the meantime, as im new to this also, will the Est. Brave Rewards that ive accumulated be deposited into my Brave Wallet? Or do i need to wait for Gemini to be available to verify first?

1 Like

So I guess end of April according to what was shared here.

As to how it’s performing, guessing would be little to no issues. I mean, Nightly has its other problems at times but I haven’t heard of any issues specifically with Gemini on it. Don’t get me wrong, Gemini tends to have a lot of other little issues with payments but that’s a different story. (While both tend to have issues, when I’ve been more active here, there appeared to be a lot more people with Gemini not getting payments or having delays compared to Uphold.)

Hoping as well that brave will give us a choice to use the Gemini wallet on mobile not only in desktop. Uphold fees are high

1 Like

Thank you OP and thanks to all who replied adding clarity and context around this topic.
Looking forward to seeing it roll out to stable.
~SszZ

Hi i cant verify my BRAVE wallet to GEMINI, here is my LOG FILE, what seems to be the problem?

[Apr 09, 2022, 10:09:26.1 AM:ERROR:post_claim_gemini.cc(67)] Invalid request
[Apr 09, 2022, 10:09:26.1 AM:ERROR:post_claim_gemini.cc(123)] Unknown message!
[Apr 09, 2022, 10:09:26.1 AM:ERROR:gemini_authorization.cc(233)] Couldn’t claim wallet!
[Apr 09, 2022, 10:09:31.5 AM:ERROR:post_claim_gemini.cc(67)] Invalid request
[Apr 09, 2022, 10:09:31.5 AM:ERROR:post_claim_gemini.cc(123)] Unknown message!
[Apr 09, 2022, 10:09:31.5 AM:ERROR:gemini_authorization.cc(233)] Couldn’t claim wallet!

Working Horribly to not at all for me. But I gave up asking for help a long time ago…

Jan-Feb 2021 since I got legit rewards. Rode the support merry-go-round a few times. Got dizzy, threw up, and jumped off… LoL

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.