Bug with Night Mode & dark Appearance

Neither the Night Mode button nor the “Dark” option on the Appearance button seem able to enforce dark webpages 100% of the time. I’d say either setting’s success is closer to ~70% of webpages. Turning both on seems to make it worse, turning the remaining ~30% dark but then causing that same ~70% to become inverted-bright. Has anyone noticed this and is there a workaround?


@domattioli Open brave://flags and enable auto dark to force dark mode in all web contents.

I also agree with you.

This kind-of works, but I just noticed that it turns QR codes into plain white images. I switched it to ‘Enabled with selective image inversion’, but the color scheme obviously looks off. Brave needs some work here.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.