Bug: Videos autoplay in browser when receiving facetime/call on mac

Description

Everytime i recieve a phonecall/facetime on my mac (via my iphone), videos will start playing in browser. For example, I have a udacity course tab open (youtube video embedded on the page), and I’ll recieve a call. As soon as my computer rings, the youtube video will begin to autoplay.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Recieve call on iPhone
  2. Call is picked up by Mac
  3. Video on brave browswer unpauses and begins to play

Expected result:

Video should not unpause and begin to play. Video should remain paused/not played

Brave Version

Version 0.63.55 Chromium: 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release:

yes

1 Like

cc @Mattches @gsarvadnya for assistance here.

1 Like

@jps394,
That is a very strange bug! Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Out of curiosity, do you have autoplay set to Blocked on mobile and/or Desktop?

1 Like

Within brave browser, autoplay is not currently blocked.

I can change it to blocked though to see if that affects this?

Definitely try that – at least for any sites confirmed initiate video playback when a call is received.

Will do - will let you know if the problem persists (if I forget to respond, it’s likely because the problem hasn’t come up as a result of this).

Thank you

1 Like

I am facing this issue as well.But this isnt on the Brave browser but on Chrome 74.0.3729.157 (Official Build) (64-bit),

I am getting this very same behavior as well on a Mac and Version 0.64.76 Chromium: 74.0.3729.157 (Official Build) (64-bit). Also having same issue in Chrome but not with Safari after some testing.

Wondering if this is a Chromium related issue perhaps?