[Bug Report] Brave in fullscreen with hid toolbar makes it impossible to leverage new tabs

Hi there,

Using Version 0.56.12 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit), here is how to reproduce what I am seeing.

Switch browser to fullscreen (I’m on a mac, so click the green dot, no modifier keys)
Pin one tab or more, leave them on some useful website. (May or may not be necessary, but it’s what I’ve done)
Use ⌘⇧F to hide the Toolbar.
Use ⌘T to generate a new tab
Try to go to any website (with ⌘L or other means)

You can not, unless you unhide the toolbar. This isn’t a bug per-se, it is more a user interface / usability thing. When the toolbar is hid, hitting ⌘L (Open Location) should make the URL field available to type in. If I have misunderstood how the toolbar is to be used, please point me at the documentation. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Thinking about this, I have two suggestions.

1. when in complete fullscreen mode and with Toolbar hidden, if moving the mouse cursor to the top of the screen, allow the tab and addressbar to become visible as a floating dropdown to be interacted with.
  2. when in complete fullscreen mode and with Toolbar hidden, allow ⌘L to open the addressbar at the top of the window as a temporary floating dropdown to be interacted with.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.