Show Toolbar/Address Bar on Hover While in True Full Screen

If I uncheck “Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen”, the Toolbar/Address bar doesn’t show up when I move my mouse to the top. This is an inconvenience, because I have to exit Full Screen to enter a new address/URL. Both Chrome and Safari show the Toolbar upon hovering the mouse to the top of the screen, even when “Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen” is unchecked. I’d really, really like the “best of both worlds”–true Full Screen, with the ability to access the Toolbar upon hovering.

2 Likes

Can you please confirm your OS, Version number, and did you by chance accidentally press command shift +f?

I am wondering about the exact same thing. Was going to migrate to brave but this is a bit of a deal breaker as I use my browser in full screen being I’m using an OLED display.

Is there a way to make the address bar and tabs appear on hover while in full screen mode?

1 Like

Would still like to hear back about this.

I have this same problem.

cmd+shift+F toggles the toolbar in fullscreen, but it does not make the toolbar appear only on hover, as OP queried.

Big Sur 11.4 Brave Version 1.25.73 Chromium: 91.0.4472.106 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Hi Brave team,

I’m considering switching from Safari to Brave on my Mac.

I would really love to have a feature where the toolbar appears upon hovering at the top in Full Screen.

This is the only inconvenience I have with brave, as I like to maximize screen size with Full Screen and no toolbar, and pressing on CMD+Shift+ D is not so practical.

If you believe it’s possible to get it down, please let us know!

This issue has been resolved.