Browser window jumps to next display when closing a tab

bug

Description of the issue:
When closing a tab via middle click, the browser jumps to my second display, if I do it again it jumps to the third.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
open tab. middle click to close.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
not doing that.

Reproduces how often:
every single time I close a tab with middle click

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.57.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
yes

Additional Information:
I found one other topic on this, the guy had some logitech mouse that he said was the issue. I have no such logitech mouse.

I am experiencing the exact same problem.
Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.58.16 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Steps to Reproduce:
If the browser window is not full-screen/maximized when using middle mouse button it may do one of the following:
a) jumps to the next window and does not close the tab
b) jumps to next window and closes tab
c )closes tab and works properly by staying on same monitor

Additional Information:
It doesn’t matter if I use my 1080p or 1440p monitor. Same results are observed.

Thanks to both of you for reporting.
Looking into this right now.

-additional info, if I have the window not maximized, and middle click a tab, it doesn’t close it, but jumps to the next monitor over to the same x,y (instead of the relative position)

• edit -

when I tear off a tab, and let go on new display, the main browser the tab came from jumps to that display when I let it go.

any updates? This is a deal breaker for me.

We recently updated to v0.58.21 - can (anyone) ensure that you’ve got the most recent update installed and tell me whether or not this issue still occurs?

Yes. I can confirm this is still an issue.

Thanks for getting back to me.
I just made noises about this to our QA and Desktop teams. Hopefully I’ll be back soon with some suggestions.
Just to confirm - this only happens when you middle click a tab, correct? Are there any other actions that result in this behavior?

Yes, when tearing off a tab, and moving to New window, when you drop it, the original window jumps to that display as well.