Browser not loading pages correctly

When I go to ANY website, the graphics are not loaded until I press the reload button. It’s been like for maybe half a year. I’m using WIN10. I’m considering giving up with Brave because of this. I would guess some setting has got out of kink. Because nobody else seems to reporting this. This transcends all versions. It doesn’t go away with a new Brave version. I’m on V1.25.68.

It’s REALLY annoying
rgds
stu

1 Like

Similar issues with heavily loaded pages. Makes no sense. Not sure what’s driving the train, and certainly hope it’s corrected, or I’m following your suggested recourse.

I don’t really know what the problem is. But I thought about re-installing Brave to see if it improves the problem. But I get cold feet thinking I’m going to 1) Lose my settings, 2) Lose all my open windows, 3) Lose my buttons at the foot of the page also.

Is there any way to save any of these settings before I delete and re-install brave? Or is it possible to create a 2nd version of Brave and I play with that?

Any other ideas?

rgds
stu

To be honest. I honestly thought this problem wasn’t going to go away. Yesterday. I cleaned up a lot of my bookmarks. Maybe almost halved. This was not because I thought this was going to help. It was a job that just needed to be done. Today. I have all webpages loading properly, And the graphics are showing up immediately. Whereas before they were loading basically ascii code with a lot of corruption until I reloaded. It’s a pleasure to have Brave back as my main browser. I’ll keep you informed if it starts happening again.

rgds
stu

@stub,
Came here ready to troubleshoot this issue but it appears to have been resolved! Wish I could say what did it exactly – if you removed any extensions as well, one of those may have been causing the issue.

Either way I apologize for the long wait for a reply on your thread. If the issue presents itself again please let me know and I’d be happy to assist.

I have removed some extensions also in the last day or two. But it still seemed to be still happening. But I may try adding some back in the next day or two, to see if it reoccurs. Anyway appreciate the support :slight_smile:

I seem to have the same problem, only worse!
As a result of so-called “updates” 1.25.69 and 1.25.70, Brave browser does NOT connect to ANY
websites directly, instead displaying notification box PAGE UNRESPONSIVE.
Since WAIT for an unresponsive page seems counterintuitive, I RELOAD at least once, but almost invariably, two or more times.
EXAMPLE: Attempting to contact BRAVE about this, I was directed to create a “Brave Community account”. After only one PAGE reload, I entered my data, and again after a single PAGE reload, was able to submit my data. Being then directed to confirm account via email, it only took FIVE reloads and a mere 15 minutes to connect to my gmail account.
NOTE: Prior to the two alleged “UPDATES”, I never had any problem connecting directly to any websites at any time!

does it work with a new profile?

Without me touching any settings these corrupted websites have returned @Mattches

@stub,
Thank you for letting me know.
I’m also curious whether or not you get this same behavior with a fresh profile – can you try creating a new temp. browser profile and test to see if you get the same results (make sure you close your original browser window, such that you only have the new profile window open when testing)?

OK. This must seem like a really noob question. I’ve opened the test profile and I’ve loaded it with the same windows open as the original profile. But I just can’t figure out how to close the original profile.

OK. I figured that out. The new browser profile didn’t seem to have any problems. The old browser profile seems to have disappeared. So I’ve got to now figure out how to re-create the main browser profile. Any help would be appreciated.

OK. I’ve got my profile basically sorted out. So I’ll report back in a couple of days if I have any problems

One very bad effect with this new profile. It has prevented NordPass from entering the login details into websites visited. Meaning I have to lookup each login details and enter them manually. Which makes NordPass impossible to use as a Password Manager. Any ideas?

OK. I figured out why. The new profile blew out most of my extensions. I think it basically removed all my temporary paused extensions. Which I had temporarily turned off trying to fix the original problem. I think Brave should have had an option to re-install all or only the in use extensions. it’s going to be a big headache even remembering the extensions I was using. Still if the original problem is fixed, It’s a price I’m willing to pay. But still no guarantee the original problem is fixed.

OK. I seem to have 2 profiles now. Profile 1 (my original profile) and Profile Stub (my new profile). They both have a different set of extensions. The Stub profile has a small subset of Profile 1. But it seems weird to me that at least 1 extension, Rearrange Tabs, works in both Profiles when it is only in 1 Profile’s extension. What I want to get back to is basically one default profile, Stub. So I thought I could just delete Profile 1. But what about all the extensions in Profile 1, not in Profile Stub? Can I copy them somehow? Are there anything else that I need to be careful of, like extensions? It seems to be fraught with danger just to blindly delete Profile 1, which I’ve had for years, and not know what I actually might be deleting?

Both Profile 1 AND Profile Stub are not showing any evidence of displaying graphics incorrectly. The basic reason for this thread. I have about 30 websites open mostly duplicated in both profiles.

Correction to the above. Almost every tab in Profile 1 has problems with displaying the graphics whereas Profile Stub seems to be working fine. So it’s likely that I really want to delete the Profile 1 and use only Profile Stub. How do I do that by at least copying all extensions to Profile Stub before I delete Profile. Are there any other things I should consider before deleting Profile 1.

OK. I’ve added all the extensions back to Profile Stub. What else should I consider before deleting Profile 1?

How to delete a Profile. The only help thread didn’t help @Mattches