Browser keeps crashing 2023

@Levine that’s perfect. It has now submitted so that the developers can see it. And Support will have the crash report ID so they can reference it and try to pull it up themselves if needed. It may take a week or more to hear back depending on how busy they are and the number of issues being submitted. But I will tag @Mattches here so he can see it.

I am going to request you to test a few possibilities and provide some more information when you can. At least will try to tackle this on as many fronts as we can and try to make sure any information needed to help you will be available.

Troubleshooting

Try each step separately, don’t do all at once. They are essentially methods to test different potential issues. So change one and test. If it resolves the issue, you can stop there. If it doesn’t resolve, you can revert to how it was and then go to the next step.

• Can you try to disable Use hardware acceleration when available in your settings? This is located at brave://settings/system

• Open in Private Window

• Create a new profile (make sure no extensions and don’t change any settings)

• Remove any custom filters you have on content filtering in Shields

• Turn off Shields completely

• Go to brave://flags and look for Enable the high efficiency mode feature in the settings. Make sure it’s enabled. Then go to brave://settings/system and you should see an option that says Memory Saver. Turn it on and see if it helps.

Settings - System - Brave 5_19_2023 10_06_24

• Install Brave Nightly and see if the same issue happens there.

• Try using Chrome, do you have similar issue?

Additional Information

• Does this happen after you reach any particular number of tabs?

• Do you seem to be using any particular website when this happens?

• Have you noticed if you have any particular content? Like does it only occur when you are playing videos?

• Can you open the Task Manager within Brave when you see performance issue? There are two ways you can do this. One is Shift + Esc. The other is just to go to the Hamburger Menu Sync code that expires_ - Browser Support _ Desktop Support - Brave Community - Brave 4_30_2023 09_21_54More ToolsTask Manager. This will show all of the processes within Brave. Also will be it’s Memory Footprint and CPU. If you can screenshot, or at least keep an eye on this, it might give us some insight on what in particular is going on.

I know I’m giving you a lot of steps and things to check. I just know that support usually isn’t active on the weekend. So if they don’t get to your reports today and have some ideas or solutions, then we’ll have to do steps where possible. But I also know if you can provide some of this information, it might help them in finding a solution for you. So as you have time, maybe do what you can and advise of the results.

Thanks.