Brightness increases when a video is played on fullscreen on any website

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Play a video on full-screen on any website

Expected result:
Brightness of the monitor increases automatically.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.42.88

Additional Information:
When using multiple monitors, the brightness automatically increases only on the primary monitor and not the secondary monitor. If I play a video on full-screen on the secondary display, the brightness on my primary monitor automatically increases, despite brave being opened on the secondary monitor.

@immortal01a,
Thank you for reaching out.
Can you please tell me if you have any extensions installed at this time? Additionally, to confirm, this issue only occurs if you’re connected to multiple monitors, is that correct?

@Mattches
I have multiple extensions running on Brave, but these were installed even before the issues existed.
Updates on the Issue
Earlier I thought it was multiple monitor-related issues, but then I unplugged my secondary monitor and checked it, and the issue is still persistent.
I tried disabling hardware rendering and forcing the colour profile to sRGB as mentioned in the GitHub issue about HDR display over here, but this did not resolve my issue.

To sate my curiosity, can you please try creating a new temp. profile in your browser and test to see if using that new profile gives you the same results? Please ensure that you only have that one profile (the newly created one) window open when performing this test.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.