Brave's issues today

My browser doesn’t work correctly in my computer. The youtube videos don’t load and some pages like Fanfiction, Wayback Machine (Or archive org) and Dailymotion don’t load correctly at all

I tested in other browsers and on my cell phone where I have Brave and everything works normally! I am already desperate to see that no one is talking about this problem and I need to find a solution now.

UPDATE: F***, almost the same thing is happening now in Chrome.

2 Likes

It happened right after the last update Using edge now

I’m having huge problems. Can’t log into some sites, reddit gifs won’t play. youtube videos won’t play. Intel update won’t work.
It is very slow and chewing up massive resource.
None of this is happening on Edge.

Windows 11 version 23H2 Brave 1.70.117

I was having the same issues with sites completely failing to load. After years of using Brave, I’ve made the switch to Firefox, where there are no issues.

Same issue here. Unable to load several pages, like Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Clickup. Pretty much my go-to sites every day. Hope this gets fixed asap.

What error messages are we seeing?

I see a repeated error whether I try to load member content on gaia.com or load a Youtube video is:

“…,has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header in the response must not be the wildcard”

Here’s the Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-bEYMlFCTs

It just keeps “spinning” instead of playing

yes for me it is not working on youtube as well. I tried to post about it bud the spam bot stopped me so we will see.

It doesnt work on pc and on mac as well. Edge is working, safari is working. App on phone is working just not brave.

same here that bot thinks the post is spam, it must be not working for alot of people

1 Like

Running into a ton of problems with the browsing experience, showing errors or just not loading a page completely. X.com, Google Messages for Web, Youtube are a few examples.

Temporary fix: Obviously not ideal, but opening a Private Window solves all my issues. I temporarily allowed my password manager access to Private Windows (again, not ideal) to alleviate the pain of logging in again to every site.

1 Like

I can confirm that private works but not private even with turn off brave shield does not.

New issue. The pictures are not loading as well for example here
https://www.cardmarket.com/en/OnePiece/Products/Singles/Romance-Dawn/Denjiro-OP01-046

Tried upload pictures but it doesn’t work

I can’t even get into that site. Anywhere that reauqires a cloudflare ‘verify you are human’ just goes round and round.

I am surprised that both Brave and Youtube have not given an answer for this problem. And it’s already a day and a half with this problem.

Try turning of your extensions. That fixed it for me.

1 Like

Also, WebP converter extensions crash the browser now

Using any Dark mode extensions? We’ve had reports of issues here

I have this issue too, any extension that converts images when saving crashes the browser. Video Downloadhelper also makes it crash. Removing dark themes and disabling other extensions makes no difference. This all started with the update a couple days ago. Using Windows 11 23H3.

Turn off all of your extensions. Then turn them on one by one until things stop working. That’s your culprit.

The extension causing problems on my PC was an emoticon keyboard! It was obviusly doing things it should not have been doing.

Since I removed it Brave is running faster.