Brave's Create Shortcut (Open as Window) feature is broken in mac OS

Description of the issue: Creating shortcut apps works, but the opened window will most likely crash on almost all websites when moving or resizing or after a while.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to Menu > More Tools > Create Shortcut (i.e. at YouTube.com)
  2. Select Open as Window
  3. Click Ok
  4. Open the new shortcut app
  5. Try to move or resize the app
    You can also check this GIF animation to see what’s going on: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuWULOinwuA8gctIW8LvEhOnFzj7Hw?e=aQxUcZ

A website that won’t crash, instantly, but crash after some seconds of use is trello.com

Expected result: Created apps should be allowed to be moved or resized.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.18.70

3 Likes

Similarly, none of the “open as window” shortcuts I’ve created work. So far I’ve tried ones for:

They all fail to open any windows and don’t navigate to their associated sites in any existing windows either. Existing active windows lose that status momentarily, then get it back. Sometimes a small box can very briefly be seen, which I figure is the beginning of the animation of a new window opening.

Brave version 1.18.77
macOS version 10.14.6 (Mojave)

The first six of the shortcuts listed above work as expected in Chrome 87.0.4280.88 with the same extensions installed as I have in Brave. Even the extensions’ settings are the same. (I know because I had just replicated them before trying to replicate my shortcuts.)

1 Like

I am seeing the same behavior as OP. Brave v1.18.77, macOS v10.15.6 (Catalina)

Having the exact same issue as you guys. I came across this thread, which is actually marked as solved. I tried the solution posted on there (which I found really hard to follow) but I still had no success… Let me know if you get Brave shortcuts working again after trying those steps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.