Brave won't update on Mac OS Ventura 13.2. 1 Intel Core I5 Mac

When I logged into my browser today I noticed I had no rewards and needed to update Brave to connect my wallet again.

Brave update tab says i can’t update and need to reinstall. I get this error everytime

Why does Brave want to access my desktop folder at install? Why am I reinstalling and not just a simple update?

Will my bookmarks and passwords be lost after the update. Reading all sorts of nightmares across the interweb of people having serious problems after a reinstall.

@mattches could you assist ? Thanks so much!

@BrraveIsBaitAnSwitch,
If you’d like to share the threads of using sharing those nightmares I’d be happy to take a look at those as well.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean when you say the browser “can’t update”? Are you getting an update error in the About Brave section? If so, I would recommend simply re-downloading the installer and running it while Brave is still installed. Instead of overwriting your install, doing this will simply fetch and apply the latest updates and there is no risk associated with it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.