Brave won't load any webages

Description of the issue: I’m using Brave on my Macbook Air. Suddenly it stopped loading webpages. No page will load at all and it’s been like that for days. Websites load fine using Chrome and Safari. It even works perfectly on brave with tor. But “normal” Brave nothing at all. just this error

No internet

There is something wrong with the proxy server, or the address is incorrect.

try:

• Contacting the system admin
  • Checking the proxy address

ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

How can this issue be reproduced?: Attempt to load any website in Brave browser

1. Open Brave browser
  2. Attempt to navigate to any website

Expected result: Website will not load and the above error will be given

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.27.109 Chromium: 92.0.4515.115 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Hey @Cschoon !

Do you have any extensions installed? If so, can you try disabling them to see if the issue persists?

Thank you!

Porridge

Thanks for the quick response @GreenBananaPorridge!

I disabled all of my extensions and webpages are now loading as normal. Would you suggest I enable one extension at a time to try to identify if there is one specifically that is causing the issue?

• Casey

I would suggest doing this yes, let me know which extension caused the issue for you :slight_smile:

Porridge

It was the Windscribe - Free Proxy and Ad Blocker extension. Never had any issues with it in the past. I’ve been using that VPN for over a year now.

1 Like

Check if you can modify the ad block settings of the extension; if you only use the proxy then Brave Shields should be good on the ad blocking front.

Porridge

Yes there are some things I can modify in the ad black settings but I’m not sure I’m fully understanding what I need to do or look for in the settings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.