Brave won't load any pages

Description of the issue:
Since a day or two ago, unrelated to anything I can think of, whenever I launched Brave I got a popup window at the lower-right of my screen that says my Startpage extension has crashed. (I’ve been using it for a few weeks now, no issues.)

Clicking on the “reload” button just brought up the same message. The browser itself did not load any content, and there were no menus or anything on it that I could select.

I uninstalled Brave, deleting all the data, restarted and installed a fresh version.

Now, I no longer get that popup message, I only get the “Aw, Snap!” message when trying to load anything, even brave://help. The only menu item that works is “Exit”.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Start Brave
  2. See “Aw, Snap” message.
  3. Try to do anything.

Expected result:

Ablility to browse internet.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

This produces the “Aw, Snap!” message, but I just downloaded the latest version today. I specified the 64-bit version, but it installed into my Program Files (x86) folder.

Additional Information:

Here’s the 78.0.70.121.manifest:

<assembly
xmlns=‘urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1’ manifestVersion=‘1.0’>
<assemblyIdentity
name=‘78.0.70.121’
version=‘78.0.70.121’
type=‘win32’/>
<file name=‘chrome_elf.dll’/>
</assembly>

The file downloaded was BraveBrowserSetup-AIR992.exe

Well, I finally found a workaround. I uninstalled Brave one more time, then installed the UR Browser. I can finally browse the internet again.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.