Brave will not open googleadservices from google searches [This site can't be reached]

Description of the issue:
Whenever I am clicking any google ads from google search results, I am not able to open them, showing “This site can’t be reached” error, I did the same on chrome, chrome can do that, but Brave can’t.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Search bar search “acer swift 3”
  2. 1st link from google ads, click on it
  3. Error - This site can’t be reached

Expected result:
Direct us to the google ads like the e-commerce platform buying acer swift 3

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

I had the same issue. Can you try this:

1/ go to https://googleadservices.com/
2/ click on brave icon next to the url
3/ un tick the protection for this domain

Does it work now?

@fao1994,
First, can you please update the browser to version 1.34.81 (latest) to confirm that the issue is not resolved by the update?

If it doesn’t, can you please share a screenshot of the ad you’re seeing on Google? Also, can you confirm whether or not you have Shields down on the Google search results page? I ask because unless you do, you should not be seeing any ads on this page, as they should be blocked by Shields, as shown below:

It’s still the same. It won’t open. Kindly find my attachment on my next post. I’ve already turned off the brave shield.

Kindly find attached. I’m using the latest brave browser and I’m using standard ads block instead of aggressive as I still want some ads to be seen especially when shopping for an item.

Can you please try creating a temporary new profile and test to see if you get the same results?

I am having the same problem. I test with temporary profile, but it didn’t work.

Same here, it doesn’t work with new profile either.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.