Brave Wallet & buying crypto

Hi, I have only a basic understanding of crypto, but I’m trying to figure this out. I’d like to by BAT, the coin that’s generated by Brave, but I have no idea how this all works at all. I have no idea how to create a wallet, or how to create multiple wallets.

I’m mostly looking for information on sites people trust on how I can set up 2 different brave wallets (I think this could be a good long term hold investment for my sisters 2 kids for spending money for college), and I’d like to know how to buy BAT, and how to take the wallet offline so that it exists only as a paper printout so that it can’t be accessed until the children head off to college in +10 years.

Any advice anyone has or links they can share of reliable resources I’d be very thankful for anyones help.

You might want to start by familiarizing yourself with the whole process of generating a wallet, recovering your wallet, sending/receiving coins, etc. If you don’t have any cryptocurrencies right now, you can buy them directly on Brave Wallet too. As long as you have backups, preferably written on a paper that’s private to you, you can access your coins at any point on any wallet of your choice (not just Brave Wallet).

As a teaser, here’s a screenshot of how you can buy BAT on Brave Wallet:

Here are some videos I found on YouTube that might be helpful:

I also want to recommend you attend one of our weekly Community Calls where you are free to ask questions and learn from others in the community. The next call will be on Tue 7/12 @ 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern. Link to join: https://talk.brave.com/WELCOME--TO--THE--WEEKLY_BAT-COMMUNITY_CALL

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. The 2 videos you suggested were incredibly helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.