Brave Verification not Possible in Germany

Notices have gone out on that for several months now. I understand you may not use Brave Community, their social media accounts, or their Help articles and might have missed it. But it has been plastered all over…Some of those you can see below. (not counting Twitter, Reddit, etc)

Not really. It still serves its initial purpose which was that Users are supposed to tip Creators. I know many people have been “greedy” and just used Brave for “free money” and never cared to actually support anyone, but that’s a whole separate discussion. Also, it’s not like support is permanently gone. This is a temporary situation and you still earn BAT. Eventually they’ll allow whichever region you’re in to be able to connect to a custodial account and to withdraw the BAT.

Be patient and save up BAT. Or if you don’t want to participate in Rewards, you can turn off Brave Ads and use the browser without it, where you’ll get all the excellent features and performance.

Not accurate. First off, Brave Rewards is opt in and you can always turn it off. Second thing is they ARE paying. You just can’t withdraw it and convert to cash.

Sure, and go use Google. I know Firefox is a good competitor but Brave is still better in terms of privacy and performance. This is especially the case as you begin to look into the future when Manifest V3 and all come into play.

Unfortunately there are regulations and policies which prevent that. You’re right that Brave could get licensed, invest a lot of money, and then KYC/AML all Users but that would be kind of heavy just to use a browser. It also would begin to have way too much information accumulated in one place, which would really be a giant target for hackers. It’s not like Brave isn’t considering it and not working on it for a goal in the future, but there’s a lot of things that needs to happen first. In the meanwhile, having things separated as they are is helping to keep us and them safe from issues and to make sure all laws & regulations are followed.