Uphold and Gemini not supportet in my country

Hey, iam not able to verify my browser because Gemini and uphold do not allow me to open a new account. When is it possible for German users to verfy? Can other exchanges (Binance, Kraken) be used?

Unfortunately, at the moment your only option is to accumulate the rewards in your browser until Germany is supported by any of those custodians.

There is no alternative to Uphold or Gemini. I hope Brave is able to make some agreement with other exchanges in the near future. But it is not easy to find one that does not incur in high costs and is able to ensure the necessary regulatory requirements. Let’s all hope that other and better alternatives are added soon.

Hi. Which better alternatives are meant here?

I would say that better alternatives are the main exchanges. Neither Uphold nor Gemini inspire me much confidence.
Or even better, private wallets :slight_smile:, although that is just a dream due to KYC requirements.

Any updates on this topic? Still not able to use uphold and Gemini in my country.

Yes, there are updates. More countries have been added to non-supported regions.

But nothing for Germany.

It is not as simple as clicking a button and voilá, it’s done.

Any solution has to come by an agreement with an exchange that is regulated in Germany. The costs must be discussed. A technical solution to integrate and distribute the rewards needs to be designed and implemented. Local authorities need to approve such solution. Such a process may take months, if not years.

It’s known that Brave is working to find alternatives. But it is not trivial. So, let’s be realistic and patient.

I’d be patient for now. Brave is making big changes to Rewards here soon. They haven’t given any details for now, but if all goes well there might be option for you. Every week they have a BAT Community Call where people from Brave speak to Users. Those calls are around 5pm EST on Tuesdays. That means it will be tonight, in roughly 10.5 hours from the time of me posting this.

I asked about the changes they were making and they didn’t answer last week, but they made it sound like they were going to figure out more and share today. We’ll see if they do or if they push back any information.

Btw, if you’re awake and available, you can always participate in the Community Call at https://talk.brave.com/WELCOME--TO--THE--WEEKLY_BAT-COMMUNITY_CALL

(It’s all in English though. Not sure how well you are with it)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.