Brave Update Error code 1: 0x80004005

This error was reported a year ago and I just followed the instructions found in this forum and given at that time to try and resolve this problem.

I am using Windows 7 (64 Bit) Ultimate, Service Pak 1 and Brave browser
Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

When I look at “About Brave,” I see the error message:

An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check
failed to start (error code 1: 0x80004005).

This issue is reproducible every time I open my Brave Browser.

I created the file BraveUpdate.ini in the root directory of the C: Drive and copied the necessary text into it and saved the file.

I closed and opened my Brave Browser multiple times, but the problem was not resolved and NO LOG FILE was created.

Please advise if there has been a resolution that I do not see in this forum.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.