[email protected]

Two weeks ago I reported a problem in this forum that had been addressed by another user more than a year ago.

No one has responded to my request for suggestions or solutions.

I am now re-posting my problem in the hope that someone will take a look at it an give me some advice.

In my report two weeks ago, I indicated that I followed the instructions found in the replies given over a year ago to try and resolve this problem.

I am using Windows 7 (64 Bit) Ultimate, Service Pak 1 and I just downloaded the newest available Brave browser
Version 1.1.21 Chromium: 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit).

(In my report of two weeks ago, I was using Brave browser
Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit))

When I open the “About Brave,” menu item in the new download I still see the same error message:

An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check
failed to start (error code 1: 0x80004005).

This issue is reproducible every time I open my Brave Browser.

As suggested in last year’s solution, I created the file Brave Update.ini file in the root directory of the C: Drive and copied the necessary text into it and saved the file.

I closed and opened my Brave Browser multiple times, but the problem was not resolved and NO LOG FILE was created.

I would appreciate someone directing me to the correct forum to place this support request in, if I have mistakenly posted it in the wrong place.

Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.