Brave thinks netflix ssl is expired

When I go to netflix.com on my MacBook (Big Sur V11.6) brave think the site is unsecured.

when inspecting the SSL it says that it expires on 2024

When looking on chrome everything seems to be fine

I tried clearing my cache and ensuring all my brave components are up to date, I even opened the site from a windows 10 machine using brave, and worked fine any idea how to fix this?

@RazvanB Did you test in Private Mode or in a new profile? My thoughts initially are wondering if one of your extensions might be interfering. In any case, for Brave’s side of things, I’d start there.

Also, I’ll direct you to what Netflix says about it in their help article at https://help.netflix.com/en/node/116087 which I’ll just quote below to save you a click.

Restore your default connection settings

If you’ve changed the connection settings on your device, you’ll need to change them back to default.

These settings could include:

• Custom modem settings.
  • Virtual Private Network (VPN) or proxy service settings.
  • Custom DNS settings.

If you need help changing these settings, contact the device manufacturer.

Once you’ve reset these settings, try Netflix again.

What to do next

If the steps above didn’t work, there might be malware on your computer or home network. Malware could try to take you away from the Netflix website or get your Netflix account details. Before you can use Netflix any existing malware should be removed. Talk to your computer’s manufacturer or an IT expert for help.

For more information about security and Netflix, see How to keep your account secure.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.