Brave Taskbar Icon Shows Recent History

Using Windows 11 Pro and Brave version 1.46.134 Chromium: 108.0.5359.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

With the Brave browser open, if you right-click on the taskbar icon ‘Recently Closed’ sites are shown i.e. history. Even if the browser is then closed (when all history is set to be deleted) and then re-opened, the ‘Recently Closed’ sites are still shown indicating that the history is being retained and retrieved from somewhere.

It’s not a concern to me but if you truly need your browsing history to be private this is one to be aware of.

1 Like

Hello @Skier, thank you for letting us know about this. This is something regarding to the windows jump lists you can disable it by reading this article:

Hope it helps. Regards.

I appreciate the reply, but the proposed solution turns off ALL recent history across Windows e.g. Start Menu, File Explorer. This information is useful, and I wish to keep it available.

Brave touts itself as ‘The best privacy online.’ and ‘Browse privately. Search privately. And ditch Big Tech.’ I appreciate that Windows is storing the history data in the recently closed area of the taskbar icon’s right-click context menu but, in my opinion, this information should not be made available.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.