Brave Sync not working (almost) at all

Hello,
sadly I can’t properly sync Brave Browser on my Windows 11 PC with the other devices (Google Pixel 7, Xiaomi Pad 5).

After many attempts and browser data deletion the only thing I was able to get synced are favorites and nothing else, so no history neither extensions just to mention something.
By going to “brave://sync-internals” I see an HTTP 504 error for “Download Step result” section.

It sounds like a server problem and, as mentioned below, I’m using the latest Brave Browser release.
I never had similar issues in past, the biggest ones were related to little sync delay.

Please help me to to fix the issue.
Thanks in advance.

Brave version: 1.65.114

1 Like

@Mattches tagging you in here as we were recently discussing this. So I guess yet another person.

We are having known Sync sever issues at this time. The team is aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

Appreciate your patience.

3 Likes

It’s working OK now. I just successfully created a Sync between my desktop, phone and laptop.
Go to Settings > Sync > Manage your synced devices
You will see your other successfully synced devices + your current device (w/o an X)
I used the 25 word passphrase and selected Sync Everything under Sync Settings
After creating the new sync, close the browser and restart for it to become active.

1 Like