Brave Sync is not working with brave nightly on android

I just noticed that my Sync account is blocked, it looks like my phone created +40 “new devices” between Jun 27th and July 3rd on it. Is there a way to remove them allowing me to use brave correctly?
I cannot tell exactly what happened or in which browser version was set in that moment I will try to provide as much information as I can but currently is all I got

1 Like

I went to my Sync internals it shows this as the last log:

8/27/2024, 10:15:52 AM GetUpdates Response

Received error: Protocol error (THROTTLED)
{
“client_command”: {
“max_commit_batch_size”: “90”,
“set_sync_poll_interval”: “30”
},
“error_code”: “THROTTLED”,
“error_message”: “exceed limit of active devices in a chain”,
“get_updates”: {},
“store_birthday”: “1”
}

it is not allowing me to delete some duplicated devices from the sync Chain

1 Like

@mike1519,
I believe this is a known issue that we are working on (creating duplicate devices) presently. In the meantime, what I would recommend is simply using the Delete Sync account option on your Sync page.

This will completely delete your Sync account so that you can start fresh. Note that doing this will not delete any of your data locally on any of your devices.

@Mattches I did that, the thing is now it seems the password sync option is not working between my windows and android devices looks like is due to the new feature that makes passwords live in the Google Mobile Services device storage in android which doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Can you be more specific? What exactly is happening when you try to Sync your passwords?

It does nothing if I tap to activate the option it asked for my fingerprint then it continues off, what I did was disabling all the “Google Mobile Services” features within brave flags and now it seems to be working

Now that the flag option to disable Google mobile services is no longer available, how can I sync my passwords?

I don’t understand why the team moved the passwords to the google mobile storage in first place, it is not allowing the passwords to be synced with other devices, what are the benefits? @Mattches

1 Like

I’m not sure “google mobile storage” has anything to do with the issue you’re encountering. I’ve confirmed with the team that this is a known issue and it is being addressed presently. We have two open issues on our Github for this as well:

@Mattches I saw there are those open issues I had this problem before because I use a nightly version and like I said the first time, I resolved the problem within flags see the image attached, the flags options were removed in some recent update and now the “feature” is mandatory and the sync issues are again a problem, which is very suspicious.

the fact that it is not allowing to sync passwords is a bug and will be fixed.
we didn’t move any passwords to Google Storage. Original Google Chrome does it but we don’t.

The flags on your screenshots dont work at Brave because we have removed all the code responsible for login to Google Account, without this it’s impossible to get/save passwords there.

@Alexey Hope you can find how to fix the issue honestly have all my passwords backed up within The google services was a delusion, I know that all my passwords are already backed up there