Brave stopped saving passwords

Hi there,

Brave was working well yesterday. This morning I had to re-login in all the 40+ services I use. I re-saved all passwords, and thought I was done.

Everytime I close / re-open the browser I need to re-login everywhere. This is big waste of time.

I saw other posts on this in the past, but didn’t see a solution. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Etienne

@egarbugli,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Can you please go to Settings → History → Clear browsing data and confirm that you do not have the Passwords and other login data option checked in the [On exit] tab?

Hi there, No. That option is not checked. Thank you!

@egarbugli,
Thank you for the information.
While you have all your password data saved in the browser, I recommend making a backup copy to avoid having to re-enter this information manually again in the event the issue persists.

To do this, simply go to brave://settings/passwords, click the “more options” icon, then Export passwords. These can then be imported back into the browser (via same menu options) to easily restore your credentials.

As for the issue itself, can you please tell me what Brave version you’re currently using, as well as the macOS version you are currently running? Additionally, do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

That’s too late for saving the passwords.

I’m
Version 1.31.88 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (x86_64)
. MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G9323)

I have 18 extensions installed. None added in a while. Thanks!

@egarbugli,
I would wager that [at least] one of these installed extensions may be causing the issue. We can test this by trying the following:

1. Create a new, temporary browser profile
  2. Ensure that you only have one browser window open (the new profile)
  3. Save a couple of passwords in the new profile as you normally would (no need to enter them all)
  4. Close the browser
  5. Relaunch the browser with the new profile and check to see if password data is retained.
1 Like

Yeah! It worked. :slight_smile: Any idea on the type of extensions that may be causing this type of issues? Thanks!

@egarbugli,
Sorry for the long wait here.
Not entirely sure – I can make an educated guess based on the extensions you have listed if you can provide me with the list. You can also take a screenshot of the extensions page with all extension on it if that is easier.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.