Brave Browser took 20 BAT without my permission

I found a transaction on my Uphold account that I never authorized. It says I sent 20 BAT from Brave Browser to Brave Software International but I never did this myself. I never send contributions and Auto-Contribute is off, so I have no idea how this could happen accidentally.

4 Likes

I’m jumping on a few of these posts, happened to me a few times now. I never had the Uphold account. Most recently coins all just disappeared, had auto-contribute turned on without my doing so multiple times too.

4 Likes

Hi @rachelking, Welcome to Community!
Thanks for reaching out. Please send us a screenshot of your General Info, Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

@wdeats, please DM me as-well.

4 Likes

@Aa-ron Thanks. Do I DM them to you? General Info looks like sensitive information.

3 Likes

I still have not received any help on this.

1 Like

I had the same thing happen! Not sure how they can just take our BAT without our consent. I don’t even have auto-contribute on.

3 Likes

I need help with my missing BAT from Uphold as well. Do you simply need a screenshot of the transaction that was taken without my consent?

3 Likes

Hi @Lodownqt
Please send a screenshot of your General Info, Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

2 Likes

Look for this window image

1 Like

Same happened to me.

1 Like

Happened to me as well. I have an open ticket being worked on already, thanks @Aa-ron

1 Like

Hi @Aa-ron, I checked my awards today and noted the same thing. I created an Uphold account on July 2. Everything worked fine (deposits from Brave) in August and Sept, so I stopped checking. I can see BAT withdrawals in Sept and Oct without authorization. Looking at brave://rewards-internals, it looks like auto-contribute was somehow turned on in the backend, but appear self-contradictory:

Created at: 09/07/2020, 10:17:58 AM
Type: Auto Contribute
Amount: 20 BAT
Step: Auto-contribute was turned off
Retry Count: -1
Processor: Uphold Wallet

So it was an auto-contribution while “auto-contribute was turned off”? October looks similar, but gives the line

Amount: 19.21273 BAT
Step: Not enough funds

I can send you complete screenshots of General Info, Contributions, and Event Logs. Where should I send it?

Brave Browser took 0.75 BAT without my permission

1 Like

I ask for refund the ammount of 4,75 bat because of transaction has been executed without my permission

[quote=“Aa-ron, post:3, topic:181292, full:true”]
Hi @rachelking, Welcome to Community!
Thanks for reaching out. Please send us a screenshot of your General Info, Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

@wdeats, please DM me as-well.
[/quote]

Please fix this problem and refund my BAT on my uphold account.

Hello, I am in the same situation. My auto-contribute button was turned on I don’t know how or why, because I personally turned it off a while ago, but everything I had went to @BravePublishers. I’d like to know what can be done about it. Can I DM you?

1 Like

If anyone is having Auto-Contribute issues, please send me a DM with a screenshot of the General info, Contributions, and Event log tabs found at brave://rewards-internals/ and a screenshot of your wallet balance.
Thank you in advance

1 Like