[SOLVED] Woke up and all my BAT was auto-contributed without my doing

Update: Just wanted to update this and let everyone know it has been solved. The support system at Brave has an extraordinary team and they are extremely professional and polite. Thanks again CryptoJennie and Chriscat

I just woke and found all my BAT was auto-contributed without my permission or knowledge to random places. How do I fix this and get my funds back? It was sent to @BravePublishers. I did not turn on auto-contribute. I have been saving that small amount of BAT and it took months to do so…

1 Like

Exactly the same thing just happened to me! Wt…, I never turned on automatic rewarding and it took me forever to get this BAT! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

@emm26 @Bolticus

Thanks for reporting. I’d like to ask a few questions to start:

• Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, how many?
  • Have you disabled Auto-Contribute on your devices? It’s on by default.

Thank you in advance!

I have only one, as on iOS its not working. And I turned off Auto-Contribute a long time ago, if I hadnt done that I wouldnt have had saved over 20 BAT, right? if it was turned on -it was without my knowledge or consent.

HI @emm26 - Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

Multiple devices? Just my macbook and this PC. Both have auto-contribute turned off. I always turn it off after I ever reinstall the browser. In fact, I recently formatted this PC and vividly remember making sure it was off.

@Bolticus - can you DM me the email linked to your account?

Did you get the DM? I don’t mean to be a nuisance (I know you’re probably extremely busy and I feel bad for even bothering you), but this has really taken the fun and enthusiasm I have for the Brave project :frowning: I hope this can actually get fixed. Thanks again for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.