Brave removed accidentally

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
Brave Browser removed immediately when i clicked on update
How can this issue be reproduced?
I was using brave on my ubuntu 20.04 machine. There was a pop-up on menu to update brave. As soon as i clicked it, the brave browser got removed from my PC. (unable to find anything about it, not even my past data)

Expected result:
I expected it to open the updated version, but the browser was removed from my PC.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Couldn’t check the version.

Additional Information:
Ubuntu 20.04 OS 64-bit

@Blackwatch,
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Just so that I can confirm the exact behavior – you attempted to update an already installed Brave browser and after doing so, the browser disappeared/was delted from your machine?

No there was an update popup in the customise and control menu, also i was able to run brave from terminal using brave-browser command. Now it shows, command not found

Hello @blackwatch,

Could run the command apt list --installed | grep brave and show us the results please?

We don’t provide an update pop up window for Linux, so it must have been the package manager you use in Ubuntu. If it removed the brave-browser package it would be very strange. But you should be able to re-install using these instructions again: https://brave-browser.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing-brave.html#linux

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Matt

1 Like

I re-installed it, but every data is lost. So I had to start afresh.
Here’s the output:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.